Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Secret Pal Gifts!

This journey can be quite....taxing - both emotionally and physically. It is hard to explain exactly why. There are so many steps to this process. And each step requires something different - and then you are always questioning if there is something more you ought to be doing to speed up the process or get ready for the next step. This causes both lack of sleep and such highs and lows of emotions. It is really quite a roller coaster ride - highs, lows, fast, slow, and you don't know what is coming next. Did I mention that I don't like roller coasters :)

It may sound silly - but somehow sending and receiving gifts from a "secret pal" who is also on this adoption journey has added nice happy surprised along the way.

Since this blog is also my journal of our China adoption I wanted to list the gifts I have received.

 Seeing Darren's name in print and in a frame was SUPER special!



 Stamps, stickers, and a puzzle...for our son :)



 Isn't this just the cutest outfit?! And a journal for me :)


The beach towel is sooo soft! And I just love that it has Darren's name on it.



With travel coming up (hopefully soon!) I received a nice travel case. I also received this sweet kit to make a hand print ornament.




 A wonderful hand made ornament...with a paper in the shape of China, a red heart, and the bible verse from John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans - I will come to you". Also two new books to read to Darren...and our other kiddos.


My secret pal has really blessed me!

Blessings, Sandy

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that top print!!! I've never seen anything exactly like it. It's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete