Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tonight

Darren seems to be almost 100% physically AND he is not breathing heavy!

I just can't believe how fast a body can heal - CRAZY FAST!

On Monday Darren couldn't even sit up on his own, on Monday he couldn't take a match box car from one box and put it in another box (he kept missing the box!), on Wednesday he couldn't walk unassisted....and by this afternoon he was RUNNING, climbing, and riding on toys - PRAISE GOD!
This evening five U of M athletes came to visit the kids. They autographed a baseball cap for Darren and made him feel special. They offered hats to his siblings...and when I said there are six I thought they might take back their offer...but no - I have seven extra caps (one for Erik too!)

It is really wonderful that the patients are given extra treats. Getting his arterial line out was both physically and emotionally hard on Darren. And then the disappointment of still needing oxygen and having to be in the hospital. I was glad to see his silly side when he put the hat on his head.

He only requires a tiny, tiny bit of O2 and can wear it under his nose...BUT can't seem to live without it :(
(AND looking so PINK isn't he?!)


Cool hat huh?!

Blessings, Sandy

1 comment:

  1. I'm just catching up after taking Tess home! Sandy, Darren is rocking that hospital!!! While I know, firsthand, how frustrating it is to only have one small thing keeping you there. I also know AWESOME he's done and I'm rejoicing with you this morning! Hoping for great sats so he can get the heck out of there today!!!

    ReplyDelete