Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday mid-day

25 bites of watermelon!
1 carton of milk!
3/4 carton of Cheerios!
1 cup cooked white rice (with soy sauce)!

ALL BY NOON!

PRAISE GOD HIS APPETITE IS BACK!!!

He is actually eating MORE then normal :) 

"They" started out the day saying that no matter what Darren ate today he would be getting a feeding tube tonight. "They" seem to have changed their tune...AND seem to understand that we are NOT going down without a fight :) 

I should explain that I want THE BEST for our boy. I just felt yesterday that we were at the beginning of eating and it would only get better.  If they had suggested a feeding tube on Saturday...I would have agreed without thinking twice. Darren wasn't eating and was sick (right lung) on Saturday...but yesterday he was getting BETTER and starting to eat...the feeding tube just didn't make sense.

I am soooo PRAYING he continues to eat - but I am feeling soooo HAPPY that his appetite is back!

AND AND AND...

"they" are talking discharge TOMORROW!!

(Today is TWO WEEKS in the hospital in case anyone is counting!)   

"they" say...discharge if Darren's chest x-ray looks good AND he is eating.

I PRAY that both those are true :)

Blessings, Sandy   

2 comments: