Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Eight Days Until We Leave?!

Yesterday I posted on facebook
"NINE DAYS until we travel to China!"


 I also set up these cute little blocks for a blog post for today.

and then within a couple of hours that no longer looked so clear...

We have been BLESSED with buddy passes to China!
They are stand-by tickets that you pay per mile. To China it costs $750 for a round trip (buddy pass) ticket - as opposed to $1500-$2000!!....BUT you don't have reserved seats on the plane - you get on if there are seats available. So we leave a few days early to make sure we will get to China on time for Gotcha Day.

Our original plan was to leave Wednesday (8th) - so if we can't make our next flight from Detroit to Seattle or Seattle to Hong Kong no biggie - we have extra days.....

BUT somehow I had started to COUNT on leaving on the 8th!
(Madeline and I got on all our flights two years ago - so I guess that might have contributed to me thinking I could count on the 8th)

I have realized AGAIN that I am NOT in control!!

As I drove to our co-op this morning I prayed for God's Will to be done! HE knows when we are leaving/flying - HE has ALL the details covered!!

And really THAT IS THE WAY I WANT IT TO BE!! I don't WANT to be in control - I need to SURRENDER to God and His will for our lives AND our trip!!

Soooo.....we MIGHT leave for China in eight days....or maybe nine or maybe ten?!

Blessings, Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment