Monday, January 26, 2015

Blessed with support!


We have felt an AMAZING amount of SUPPORT and LOVE this week!!

THANK YOU FRIENDS!!

99 friends commented on my facebook post and many sent me a message as well!!

This week the tears have fallen often and even more often have welled up in my eyes...

at those times your SWEET words of SUPPORT have helped so much!

It has brought us great comfort knowing that so many of you are lifting up Bryan and our family in prayer 

AND joining us in praying for a MIRACLE!!

ALL of the comments were sooo encouraging to me, and I read them many times.  Here are a few examples ...

"Hugs my friend! Tears are healing. We have to remember that we are ALL "terminal"., just some of us have a name for it. God brought him across the ocean and placed him in your family for a purpose. Live each day intentionally and know that at the end, "Good and faithful servant" will be your reward. Raise up an arrow to pierce the darkness. Nothing is wasted in the Kingdom of God."

You wouldn't believe how many times I have repeated to myself this week:
"we are ALL terminal"!!

"Praying for healing & clarity in his diagnosis. I know this was a hard weekend for you friend & I continue to be amazed in God's perfect peace, healing & miracles when we get stuck in the pain of those words. Grieving is normal & healthy, but also know you have an incredible amount of people praying over him & your entire family & will not stop supporting you guys through everything!"

"Mourning with you but with the expectation and hope of God's miraculous power bringing something good and glorious from this. You are not alone, and now, praise God, Bryan is not either." 

"Sandy-I am having trouble with words. I have sat in a room and been told I have a child with a terminal disease. There is no other experience like that. And yes, there are oh so many tears. We were told Laney's life expectancy was three. She will be 19 this spring. We don't know the future, all we have is today. And today you have Bryan laughing and living and loving in your family. Cry when you need to, treasure every snuggle, make his life as wonderful as possible. You will never have any regrets."

"My heart aches with you, Sandy! But I am also rejoicing that Bryan is so blessed to have your family so he doesn't have to go through this alone! Mostly, you are bringing Christ in his life, the most important thing in our lives! Father, I pray that you pour blessing to the family and bring healing to Bryan, but mostly that Christ's presence is palpable through the Holy Spirit in their lives! Amen!"

" Standing with you on God's promise that He will never leave you. May Jehovah Rapha, our Healer God, use Bryan's illness to show His power and glory!!"

The comforting and supportive comments were salve to our souls. Offers to connect us with other families with kids with SMA and ALL THE PRAYERS - mean so very, very much!!

We can not thank YOU enough!!

...and now a couple pictures of our sweet Bryan:

Bryan CAN NOT get enough of playing outside in the snow!


 I pull him around in the sled. He LOVES going down the hill!
(Did I mention that I don't like the cold?!)

God also brought a new PT into our lives. We met with her last week for an evaluation. We went back again this week - and ended up with more love and counseling than therapy! 

God knew just what we needed!

She later texted:
"Thank you for bringing Bryan to see me. He's a beautiful child with a loving family. We both know miracles do happen and he is perfect as he is. Even if he does have SMA just take one day at a time, enjoy him as you are doing and be hopeful."

She empowered me AS HIS MOM! She said I should/could use MY judgement on what I thought was best for him (AFO's, walker, wheelchair etc). She also encouraged us to help him reach his full potential.

WHAT A GIFT TO THIS GRIEVING MAMA!

We have also found comfort in scripture including:

Habakkuk 3:17-19
Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
    and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
    and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
    and the cattle barns are empty,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
    I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength!
    He makes me as surefooted as a deer,[a]
    able to tread upon the heights. 

 Blessings, Sandy

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you've had such encouragement! I am continuing to pray!

    ReplyDelete