Friday, July 28, 2017

2am

Some random thoughts at 2am:

We haven't been able to find a grocery store here in Beijing. It will be one of our first stops in ZZ (need to buy some PB&J for Alex). We found a Pizza Hut today. It tasted like back home and made for one happy boy!

We meet Henry Mingyu in 2 days.

I was sooo tired yesterday afternoon. I took a 20 minute power nap and had a hard time waking back up!! We went to bed early. I slept from 8:30 to 11:30pm....and slept so hard I was convinced it was morning. Luckily I fell back asleep until 2:30am. Hoping for more sleep before morning!  

Henry Mingyu is likely back at his orphanage (from his foster group home). I pray he is being treated well and his heart is ready for a family 

Tomorrow we climb the Great Wall! I am super excited!! I don't have a bucket list but if I did this would be on it!!

So many changes coming up for Henry Mingyu. My heart feels heavy for him.

We have been blessed with a small but wonderful travel group. Here in Beijing there are 4 families. 2 or 3 more will join us in ZZ.

Henry Mingyu lived in Beijing. I know it is a huge city but I can't help think about him being here as we walk around/tour.

I just messaged Erik "You will be happy to know that as we walk around this HUGE crowded city often I hold onto Alex's arm. I tell him his daddy would be happy to know he is taking care of his mama".

It is so hot. I am not much for the water but this heat might make a fish out of me too! I wonder if Henry Mingyu will like the water/want to swim?

Rhiana did such a amazing job of helping me pack. Will Alex and I be able to get it all back in the carry on suitcases when we head to ZZ tomorrow? 

Will I be the mama Henry Mingyu needs? Can I teach him how to deal with all the comments and stares he will get due to his limb differences? Can I help him realize how much he is loved by our family and his creator?

I miss my babies back home. Thankfully we have been able to wechat video twice a day. It does my mama heart good to see their sweet faces. I am hoping our good internet connection continues in ZZ and GZ!

Will I be able to comfort Henry Mingyu as he grieves? I pray I can help our sweet boy through all he has to process.

Yesterday we had the Hutong tour Chinese meal for lunch and then went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. Both were really good meals. My favorite was the homemade meal! I am happy that even though I am gluten free now I can still enjoy the food of "my China". 

It is now 3:30am. I will try and sleep again. We have to get up early to meet our travel group at 7am to head to the wall....night! Sandy

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to fall back asleep. Prayers coming from Michigan, Minnesota and Ohio ❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete