Sunday, July 30, 2017

Sunday


I just love these views from our hotel. I could stare out the window for hours looking at all the variety below...the old and the new are everywhere.

Love me some China ๐Ÿ’œ

 On Sunday we checked out of our Beijing hotel. The lobby had this huge and really cool book wall!

 Waiting for the bus to take us to the bullet train. Love these status that are all over China!

                 So.many.trains.

Our train snack. So cute! Alex is not an adventurous eater and I am gluten free so we saved it for Henry Mingyu.

The train ride was 3 hours from Beijing to Zhengzhou. It was amazing smooth! We really enjoyed seeing the country between these large cities. Getting on the train in China is always an experience. Huge crowds of people, so much pushing and shoving, and cutting in line is typical. Our guide encouraged us to think about it as a "free massage"!!! He said not to stand back but to get right in there and give them a " free massage" right back! Ha!!!

We received an update on Henry Mingyu. I don't think any of the information was new...except for learning that he likes animal fish. The good news is....we have fish! We also have two little dogs so hopefully he can learn to like animal dogs too!

 In 5 1/2 hours we meet our guide/travel group in the lobby to go to gotcha day! ๐Ÿ’™

My prayer right now is that God comforts Henry Mingyu through all the many changes happening to him. I also pray that I am the mama that Henry Mingyu needs me to be!

When we arrived in our hotel room there was a crib set up. In don't really expect that Henry Mingyu will sleep in it, but the side of the crib pushed against my bed should make a nice side rail. Seeing the crib just makes it so real! I spent all day coutimg done the hours until gotcha day.

We purchased a stroller. We are not sure if he can walk long  distances on his little foot. Strollers are also a nice place for kids to rest, eat, and keep out of mischief! Just seeing the stroller in our room makes my stomach flip flop!

We also visited the grocery store yesterday. We wanted to stock up on food and snacks for our new children (or kiddos as our guide George often said - ha!). I love going to the grocery store in China! So many unique items. And I love see American brands with Chinese writing. Yesterday it made me feel stressed. I think being tired, a stressful day of traveling, and having no idea what foods Henry Mingyu would like made me feel anxious. There are so many unknowns right now. As a mama I want to buy the food he is familiar with, foods that bring him comfort, foods that prevent him getting hangry -ha! Shopping yesterday just made me feel so inadequate as his mama. Next time I head to the store...Henry will be with me ๐Ÿ’™

I won't lie....this is the best I could do for dinner today!

Thank you for covering us in prayer!!!

Blessings, Sandy


No comments:

Post a Comment