Friday, August 4, 2017

Friday

I wasn't ever exactly sure how one went about staying clean and dry while going "#2" in a squatty potty. I am happy to report it is even possible for a 4 year old! I will spare you the details but share that if you place your hands on top of your shoes then they remain relatively clean! (So glad to have a son in China...need I say more?!)

It is perfectly acceptable for little boys (and sometimes grown men) to pee ANYWHERE in public. Little children even wear split pants to make it easier. I had seen it but was never personally been involved....until yesterday ๐Ÿ˜ฎ We stopped in a shop in the way home from the park. Henry Mingyu said he needed to pee so our guide told me to take him outside. He peed right on the sidewalk in front of the store! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Well....at least it was convenient!

 The amazing breakfast buffet at our hotel. This whole area is Chinese food.

 This area has more American type food...and the homemade yogurt I eat each morning.

STOP EVERYTHING!!! Today on the way into breakfast....I GOT MY FIRST KISS ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

I had just kissed Henry Mingyu on the cheek (I was carrying him) and he turned to me and kissed me back! ❤❤❤


 The grocery store

 On a notebook....exactly what my mama always says ❤

Love me some Chinese grocery store escalators! You just take your cart up with you!

 Street vendor
 There are SO MANY scooters! I fear getting run over every time we leave the hotel!

The women don't want to get tan so even in 95 degree weather they cover themselves in winter wear. I can't believe more of them don't faint from over heating!

 And there are bikes EVERYWHERE!!! Apparently it is a relatively new program where you can rent a bike by scanning  it with your phone and when you are done you can just leave it anywhere.

Henry Mingyu picked out stickers at the store. Look at his dexterity!!

 Hide and go seek! Henry Mingyu is so creative in his play! After this we played bad guys/good guys and he tied me up with an invisible rope.


Henry Mingyu hadn't really cried yet.

He threw a small fit on Wednesday when we wouldn't buy him everything in the grocery store. Yesterday at the park he wanted me to purchase a bubble wand and wasn't happy with a "no".

Today we planned to go swimming. Henry seemed excited. I said we needed to get into our swimsuits and he wasn't happy. We dropped it and played something else for a while. Then Henry Mingyu decided he was ready for the pool. Through Google translate I told him we would go swimming but he needed to take his shirt off (I decided just to let him swim in his shorts). He was not happy. I got my suit on and took his shirt off. The tears came ๐Ÿ˜ช After a few minutes I put his shirt back on and put my clothes back on. He wasn't happy ๐Ÿ˜ช

After a few more minutes I offered comfort and he accepted....and he fell asleep in his new mama's arms ❤

Henry Mingyu is a brave boy...it breaks my heart that he has to be so brave...I am so blessed to be his mama ❤

Tomorrow we fly to Guangzhou (Prayers for a smooth flight appreciated!! This is my first in country flight and the stories I have heard have me nervous and losing sleep!) to finish Henry Mingyu's paperwork and get him a visa to enter the USA. In one week we fly home!! I can't wait for the rest of the family to meet this sweet boy ❤

Grateful, Sandy

2 comments:

  1. Wow... I am sitting here reading your posts from the last couple of days and my heart goes from joy to sadness and back to joy and repeat... You're an amazing momma and I am so blessed to know you. Thank you for sharing the real and raw feelings of this journey with us. Henry Mingyu is so blessed but as an adoptive momma I know that the truely blessed one is you. He's the sweetest boy and I can't wait to meet him! Keeping you in my prayers! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will and I just read your posts and looked through all the pictures. He cannot wait to meet his new friend! :)

    ReplyDelete