Saturday, August 5, 2017

Saturday

Sleeping in China is a joke! Except not a funny joke ๐Ÿ˜œ

China is 12 hours ahead of our usual EST. Adjusting is hard. Add mama worries about missing your kids, worries about how your new child will adjust, worries about making it onto the train (free massages!), and worries about everything fitting back in the luggage....and sleep may never occur!

The first few nights I mostly "napped". I got a few 2-3 hour stretches of sleep. Now we all fall into bed around 8:30/9pm. I usually sleep 7 hours or so....which has me awake REALLY EARLY!! I wish I could sleep more. I still feel tired, but at that point my mind wakes up and races off with thoughts/worries ๐Ÿ˜ซ Thankfully Alex and Henry Mingyu sleep until around 7am! Like my boys rested ❤

We received Henry Mingyu's passport late yesterday afternoon ❤ Now onto GZ and the American Consulate for his visa and citizenship ❤

A friend asked how I am doing. This was my response: He is precious ❤ I am blessed ❤ Working hard in country but it is worth it ๐Ÿผ

We have five other families in our travel group. They are all VERY VERY wonderful ❤ Everyone helps each other out ❤ (Pulling each other's luggage, offering to switch train cars so families can sit together, giving hugs/tissues when needed). We have all connected amazingly well. I think when you are in such a stressful situation it quickly brings your friendships to a different level ❤ Travel groups are not always so perfect so I feel extra blessed ❤ (In GZ we will have 2 more families join our group. They received their kids in different provinces. CCAI is known for its large travel groups.)

Today we flew to GZ. I have never flown on an in country flight in China. I was a little worried based on all the stories I had heard....especially about all the delays...sitting in the plane for hours waiting to take off etc. I am happy to report we made it with few stories to tell.

I think the hardest part of the day is not being able to communicate very well with your child. They see you packing. They know something is happening. They can sense the stress. Once we told Henry Mingyu what was happening (trying to reassure him) he was ready to leave immediately....but we didn't need to be in the lobby for a couple of hours. I tried to communicate to Henry Mingyu that he was safe and would be staying with mama and Alex. When we saw the guide I asked her to explain it to him, but Henry Mingyu was understandably on edge all day.

Henry Mingyu was VERY excited once he saw the airplane and realized that we were going to be flying in one!! He wasn't very patient about the waiting to board part so that caused a little sadness.


We had three seats together and the view out our window was amazing!

Many parents look at this flight as a "warm up" to the flight home (It will be 12 + 4 hour flights this time for us). Henry Mingyu did cry more than I expected him to today. He wasn't a fan of the seatbelt, of sitting, or of not kicking the seat in front of us (Alex policed this strictly), or of the way I tried to make eating a chocolate covered cookie less messy by putting two cookies together ๐Ÿ˜–

We had met our guide in the lobby at noon in ZZ and arrived in our new hotel room in GZ just before 8pm. It was a long day but we made it! This week we do a little touring in my old stomping grounds! This is the city that I received both Darren and Bryan in so I spent two weeks here both times. I love me some GZ! I can't wait to show Alex and Henry Mingyu around ❤ Henry Mingyu also has a medical appointment on Monday and a US Consulate appointment on Wednesday. Both appts. are working towards receiving Henry Mingyu's visa and American citizenship. We can leave for home Friday after 4pm....our flight leaves at 10pm!

Henry Mingyu spent all night sleeping with his leg over mine and cuddling up right next to me. ❤ I think we might have another mama's boy....and I love it ❤

Grateful, Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment