Tuesday, September 12, 2017

An Update For Jamma!

Jamma is on vacation and needs an update on her 14th grandchild Henry ❤

Henry LOVES playing outside! I think more than any toy when given the choice he wants to go outside.

The boys and I took recess everyday last week. It helped to break up our school day and keep Henry happy.

When mama lays down to help you get to sleep...it's best to hold on since you never know when she is sneaking away...ha!

A couple of summers ago we started having smores on Sunday evenings. We love the time together as a family - who can resist chocolate, marshmallows, and a bonfire!

Henry has his first doctors check up. He is 42 pounds and 40 inches tall (my aching back wasn't lying!). He received 2 vaccinations. He also had 6 vials of blood drawn checking for his vaccine titers from China and a few other items including lead levels and anemia. We later dropped off a poop sample (he did test positive for giardia so is now on a 7 day course of antibiotics). We received referrals for the orthopedic surgeon, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and genetics.

I love this picture of my three musketeers!

These sweet boys just have stolen my heart ❤

Sweet baby boy - so cuddly during his naps ❤

A friend loaned us her Burley bike carrier. The boys love it! We still have the toddler seat on the bike so often Henry rides there and Darren and Bryan ride in the bike carrier. It definitely causes my legs to burn pulling that much weight. I figure since I am not running during this season I should be happy for the exercise....and mostly I am!

We have a half dozen old apple trees in our yard. The boys have really enjoyed picking up the fallen apples off the ground and playing with them. They wash them, cart them around in the wagon, carry them in baskets...and when the bees start flying around the apples we throw them away.

A few days ago Henry saw a ripe red apple up in a tree. I held him while he shook the branch and made the apple fall out.

He was SO PROUD of himself! He carried the apple around, put it in his pocket, and talked about eating the apple ๐ŸŽ It was really so sweet!

Then I took a picture and he looked as though someone had died!

I asked Henry if he might smile and showed him my big smile....so this is what I got!

Bahahaha ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

 Helping big brother swing. My heart ❤

Henry definitely has a helpful and sweet side ❤ When he is in the mood he will help pick up toys and clean. He will bring me Bryan's shoes and bring Bryan his walker. ❤

In the REAL LIFE section of the blog: Today is day 6 of school (schools here don't start until after Labor Day). We usually get a head start in mid August but not this year!

Henry is not a fan of school ๐Ÿ˜ช He wants mama to do what he wants, when he wants, and where he wants...and that doesn't include school. ๐Ÿ˜ช We are limping through right now...and each day gets a little better.

This picture was taken during recess today. I sent a text to Baba saying "Boss Baby doesn't want to share the car...and the boys are over it".

Here's to hoping things change after nap time!

Grateful,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment